18. What a year. I moved out (well technically I was 17 almost 18) to one of the scariest apartments/areas I've ever lived in (until I got married- haha). But it was exciting and I loved being in college and independent. I actually started my very first day of college on my 18th birthday. I have never had to go to school or work on my birthday until I was 18. Welcome to adult-hood eh?
I had received music scholarships to 4 different colleges, but in the end I chose UVSC because they did NOT have a marching band- a requirement for every other school. And I was tired of the competition. Little did I know Symphonic Bands are just as competitive. And so am I. It's hard to get it out of your system. But it was fun and there were a few people from my high school band. We got to go on band tours, which as you know from my previous posts- can be fun and exciting.
I started working at JC Penney in the Children's department which was a lot of fun. One time they did a fashion show in the mall and I got to be one of the models. I even got to keep the clothes I modeled as payment. Man, I miss getting a discount at the mall and having tons of new clothes all the time!
Actually I think I miss my 18-year-old waistline the most! Was my waist really that little at one point?!! ::SIGH::
My best friend Ashley came home from Rick's early that spring and boy did we have fun! We helped each other through hard break-ups, did some crazy things, and ate at Sconecutter too many times to count. More on that in the next year of my life!




No comments:
Post a Comment