Yay I am finally wrapping up 2011 in blogging! And it's only 2 months into 2012. Blogging has seemed like a chore lately. As well as cooking and cleaning. The Artist and I went on a gloriously relaxing vacation last week (which I will tell you more about later of course!) and it's been hard to get back into the swing of things. (Not that I was really in the swing of it all before we left!)
Princess got herself dressed for New Year's Eve. She looked quite festive but I made her change before we went out since it wasn't really a winter-friendly outfit.
New Year's Eve was a lot of fun for us this year. I saw an ad in the paper for a big celebration down at the Provo Mall. Princess just happened to ask to see fireworks that day, not even knowing it was New Year's Eve, so this was a perfect solution! The whole family got in for $9 and everything inside was free!! We got our faces painted, made edible sand art, made crowns, watched live entertainment, and rode on the carousel.
Princess had a blast on the bouncy house obstacle course and tried out rock climbing for the first time. She was also glued to the Wii dance competition. She was non-stop and won a little prize purely for jumping for so long! I was actually waiting to do this post because we had a family picture
taken they were supposed to email us, and it never came.
The best part of the night was the firework show they did at 9. They did another one at midnight, but the 9:00 one was perfect for us. We went outside and oohed and aahed at the big fireworks. It was truly magical, huddled together, giggling as a family.
We considered staying til midnight, but Cupcake had stayed awake for the entire event and was getting really fussy.
Plus, we were just plain tired and had early morning church the next day. So like a couple of old people, we drove home and watched a movie. Oh well at least we avoided all the drunks on the roads right?!
I highly recommend the Provo New Year's Celebration. That is not the official name, but it was such a great deal with more activities for all ages than you can fit in during one night!



1 comment:
Why is it I never know of the cool things to do. Maybe I need to read the paper. I love the outfit and I'm sad that she had to change. The face painting is awesome. It looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment