Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Well, That's One Way to Baby-Proof You're Home!

The culprit:
(Isn't she the cutest criminal you've ever seen?!)

How our couches are supposed to look.  Notice the big cushy pillows?  
Now see how well those pillows work for baby proofing around our house.  It's a nice and easy fix that we discovered when Princess was a baby. Sure, it's a little awkward when we have company over and they don't have any back support on our couches.

Oh well, the pillows are hard at work keeping our little one safe. They are stashed in many places around the living room, including under our desk:
Here is our cute culprit trying to crawl into her favorite spot to eat wires:

The next trouble spot is our end tables.  
They have this nice little shelf I used to keep books on long before we had kids.  Now I guess they just hold kids (yes, she climbed up here all by herself!):

Now another favorite area for Cupcake to climb into is the spot under our TV table.  Easily fixed with a body pillow from our room.
 She still tries to get up in there but at least the hard edges are padded!
And finally, our solution to keeping the baby away from the Christmas Tree (for the most part):


With all of her favorite crime scenes boarded up with pillows she found a new place to explore.  The toy box:
Yes I have found her, high-centered over the edge many times.  Legs flailing and arms grabbing all the toys she can reach.  Too cute!  I will have to grab some video of that soon!

But sometimes I need to contain her even better, and so I love her Jumperoo.  Here she is totally zonked out while watching Baby Einstein:

2 comments:

David and Audrey said...

That's good that the pillows keep her away! My kids never really had a thing for cords. Allyson was an escape artist and katelyn was a climber. We had to put latches at the top of all the doors so Allyson couldn't sneak outside without us knowing. There wasn't really a cure for the climbing - if katelyn had a will , there was a way! Lol. The day we no longer need to worry about baby proofing will be nice!

JoMamma said...

I feel your pain. I can't wait to be able to leave our kitchen chairs at the table, but no someone uses them to climb on the table.