In my eternal quest for saving money I have found some great deals on toys lately for Christmas for the kids. Unfortunately, in my zeal to go snatch up my share I usually have to take the kids with me. I didn't think this would be a big deal since the past three years I have taken The Princess because she was so little, she didn't remember by Christmas morning.
But not now at almost 4 years old. Now she remembers that we bought toys at the store and expects to play with them when we get home. I have to keep telling her they're for Christmas and she will have to wait.
On one of our recent shopping trips I had The Princess look around so she could tell "Santa" what she wants for Christmas. She settled on a Rapunzel doll and I filed it away in my head to be looking for a good deal on it later. That night before bed The Princess started crying and asking for her Rapunzel toy. I kept telling her we don't have a Rapunzel toy.
Then it hit me. She thought we bought the doll! Oops! I tried to tell her the ol' "If you're a good girl Santa will bring it for you for Christmas!" routine. All that did was make her cry harder and yell "I don't like Santa!"
Wow- what do you say to that?! I have completely ruined the concept of Santa Clause in my 3 year old. What have I done?! The next day she continued to say she didn't like Santa because he was going to take her away and put her in a cage! Ummmm.... okay?! Where do they come up with these things?
Not quite sure how to remedy the situation, but I am definitely not buying or looking at any more toys with The Princess in tow. Do you think a trip to see Santa will rejuvenate her Christmas spirit?
On a side note: Cupcake started crawling for real today! We are so proud of her. She has been rocking back and forth on her hands and knees for 2 months now. she just looked like she was gonna take off at any given moment. She has also been wiggling and rolling her way around the room. But today she finally took off in an official crawl! Yay Cupcake!!!
1 comment:
Santa can be a scary person if you think about it. He breaks in your house and eats your food then leaves toys. I think Princess is right to not like him. Just kidding come Christmas morning she will love him so much.
Post a Comment