Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas Eve/Day 2012

I know it's burning hot outside right now in July, so I would like to take you back to a time when it was freezing cold.  Or to our Christmas Eve and Day last year.  Cause I'm THAT far behind!

One of my traditions with Princess is to make cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve day.
She is becoming such a good little cook and baker!  We had a great time!

Another tradition is before bed they get to open up 1 gift which is always new jammies.  They looked so cute and even Rapunzel Bear got new jammies too!  Can ya tell I have a thing for zebra print?!


Then Santa came filling their wooden shoes (which look all weird cause I quickly/lazily Photoshopped their names so they will be protected).

And then he set out their toys they asked for.  It's funny cause usually Santa leaves out their biggest present so this looks so un-substansial to me.  They both got doll houses for their biggest presents.  But Santa decided to leave out what he actually got ASKED for which was an Ariel doll and Prince Eric for Princess and Elmo toys for Cupcake.

On Christmas morning we started of with the gifts Santa left out and the ones in our wooden shoes and then ate breakfast.  I tried a new recipe with a breakfast crockpot casserole that cooked overnight.  It was really yummy!  After breakfast it was on to the serious gift opening!  We all had a great time opening the kids presents and playing with them.  Sadly Princess is finally past the stage of taking time to play with each gift and just wants to open them all at once.

Cupcake had so much fun with her new Little People Castle that is Disney Princess themed.  When we opened up all the little princesses for her she wanted them all lined up holding hands and kept saying "hold hands!".  And by the end of the day she new every princess name by heart.  Princess Tiana from Princess and the Frog has become her favorite.

Princess was in heaven with her new Barbie car and beach house and played barbies endlessly for a week!
 
Merry Christmas in July!!

1 comment:

JoMamma said...

Now I wish it were Christmas!