Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Christmas 2012 Decor

Yeah.  I know it's Memorial Day weekend.  But I am dying to get caught up so that I can spend more time on fun little posts I think up on a whim rather than over-loaded posts about what we did in one entire month.  So I am posting about Christmas in an effort to get it all done!

I have been trying for YEARS to come up with a good solution to displaying Christmas cards that The Artist actually approves of.  And thanks to Pinterest I finally found something to get excited about!!  My clothes-pin wreath is the perfect combo of cute+functional!
It was so easy and pretty cheap.  The most expensive part was the wire frame I got at Hobby Lobby.   A bag of clothes-pins are a dollar at Wal-Mart and I had the scrapbook paper and ribbon on hand.  I mode-podged the paper on the pins and then hot glued the pins to the frame.  Then I tied ribbons in-between and voila!  Thank you to Sew Sara for the idea!

I tried a few new decorating ideas last December.  Like wrapping our dinning room light in garland and tying on ribbons:

I had extra garland left-over so I bought some pink bows (cause you HAVE to have pink when you are 4!) and decorated the girls' room while Princess was at school.  You want an easy way to make a preschooler's day?  Here ya go!  She was SO excited!  

Our plant shelf in the kitchen that after nearly 7 years in this home I have finally discovered is cute to decorate for holidays!

My almost-free- poinsettia I got on an awesome deal next to our Santa count-down we've had since our first Christmas.

 And this last one is not a decoration.  For if it was, it wouldn't last because we would eat it all gone in a day!!  This is my absolute most FAVORITE Christmas treat!  Sticky Sweet Chex Mix!  YUM!  I got the recipe way back when in young women's and just found it last year!  It is now a tradition in our home!  Check out the recipe below- you're welcome!

 Sticky Sweet Chex-Mix
1 box Rice Chex
8 oz. Peanuts
2 Large bags M&M's
2 Cubes Butter
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Light Karo Syrup
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

Combine Chex, peanuts and M&M's in large bowl.  Boil sugar, butter, and Karo syrup for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Pour over cereal mixture and stir.  Spread over wax paper to cool.  Now try to refrain yourself from eating the entire batch! ;)

No comments: