Friday, January 18, 2013

September 2012

September was a nice month this year.  The weather stayed warm so we could pretend like it was still summer.  Definitely missing fall now as it is January and doesn't get above 20 most days!!  Okay really I am missing spring and summer, but fall was nice too.

Princess started up dance again at the beginning of September.  She started at another new dance studio (our third in a year) but I am finally satisfied with the studio and happy to see her learning so much.  She is in a 4 year old level 2 class now doing ballet and tap.  She was very excited to go to dance after having the entire summer off. 
Her ballerina hair for her first day:

I was worried because I didn't realize that soccer went into the fall- I thought it was just in August cause they didn't really specify when we signed up.  So she ended up having 2 days of soccer, 3 days of preschool, and 1 day of dance every week through October.  I was worried that this might be too much for her being so young; I didn't want to over-load her with activities.  But she just ate it up.  She loved going and learning new things and meeting new friends.  She seriously thrives on little activities, so way to go Princess!

With the nice warm fall weather and me feeling a little bit better with my morning sickness we continued going on lots of walks.  I like to hand the kids something nature-y to distract them.  Here Cupcake is with a flower (she is finally just now catching on to actually looking at the camera.  But hasn't got there yet in this picture)
 ...and Princess with a "poison apple"
 I told her not to eat it cause it would make her sick and so she came up with the idea that it was poisonous like in Snow White.  She still points out the "Poison Apple Trees" along the parkway sometimes as we drive.

We went on lots of picnics with Grandma M this summer and into the fall. 
Cupcake learned to go down slides all by herself which is really cute because she is so tiny.  But it is so nice for me because Princess wanted us to catch her on the slide until she was 3! So I am enjoying some of Cupcake's early independence.

If you know me, you know Marching Band was a huge part of my high school life.  So it is no surprise that in September I dragged the whole family to my Marching Band reunion.  I helped plan it and it was a lot of fun being back in my school and seeing our band director and old friends.  We watched the marching band perform at half-time and Princess had fun making new friends with my old friends' kids.
She had fun in the stands with us and liked the marching band but I think she liked the cheerleaders best.  Eeew.  Sorry, no offense to anyone that was a cheerleader.  Haha.

At the end of August Cupcake turned 18 months and hit the glorious stage of Nursery at church!  I was so excited!  She has done really well (thank goodness) and is great at helping to put the toys away.  I snapped this cute picture of her at the snack table one September Sunday:
 I love how she is holding a little baby doll while she eats.  I feel bad because with Cupcake I have always felt a little bit too rushed to get to the next baby stage.  Like I couldn't wait until she could eat baby food, or sit-up, or walk, or.... you get the idea.  But this moment was the first time I felt like she was growing up too fast.  She is just so tiny sitting there on that chair all by herself!

Random pictures from September~
Princess loves putting  a thousand stickers on a paper or balloons.  So, yeah, we go through a lot of stickers.  Whatever.  It makes her happy.  But for a while she would fold the corners of the papers down like this:
It makes me laugh because it reminds me of how all the papers in Battlestar Galactica are shaped this way.  Good show- you should watch it!  Oh yeah, did you see her cute rainbow at the bottom of the paper?  I love it!

With my birthday money I bought a zebra print Snuggie.  Don't judge- it is seriously awesome!  Cupcake loves it too.  I call her my little Snuggie-stealer!

Princess loves to dress herself and I love to see her outfit combos she comes up with.  Yeah, it usually involves stripes AND polka-dots together:

We have been getting sick way too much around here.  And it has been coming at least once a month since August and hasn't let up. Here is one day in September when Princess was sick and fell asleep on me, poor thing:


No comments: