Monday, July 16, 2012

Prayers Do Come True

I am so proud of Princess lately.  After months of refusing to say the family prayer at night with help- she has become so excited to say it all by herself!!  It is so cute to hear the things she prays for and the things that concern her.  She is so proud of herself when she gets done and asks to say the prayer for every meal and every night before bed.

It started a week ago.  She prayed that Mommy would clean the house.  Geesh!  Thanks kid.  No pressure there.  I, of course, made a special effort the next day to clean the house in hopes she might recognize that her prayer had been answered.  But really- I think it was MY prayers that had been answered.  I have been having a really tough time lately keeping the house clean and even finding motivation to WANT to try.  I have been praying for help with this.

I don't know if Princess is just a neat freak or she was inspired that Mommy needed some help- but either way I love that she prayed for this.  (Minor side-note.  The next night I was up with Cupcake at 3 in the morning making a bottle.  Our sink was piling over with dishes and she points to it and says "Mess! Mess!". I think she may have learned this word because I call her my "Mess-Maker" and sing the "Matchmaker" song from "Fiddler in the Roof" to her- but replace the words.) 

There is some quote I can't find about how years from now your children won't remember if the house was always clean or the laundry folded, but they will remember that you loved them.  I wish I could find it but here is another good one:

I must be the best Mom EVAH!
So I just hope quotes like these are true because right now my kids seem to be very aware that the house is rarely clean! 

Anyway, back to Princess' prayers.  So I think she noticed that her prayer about Mommy cleaning had been answered so the next night she prayed that Mommy would "play toys" with her.  Again something I feel I have been lacking at lately and have praying to be better at- spending time with my kids.  So again, I made an effort to play toys with her.

It's funny.  When we were going through these cute little experiences I really didn't realize until I sat down to write this post that I had been praying for help and motivation to be a better mother and how her sweet little prayers fit in to that.  They were not only about the things that were important to her- but gave me a heads up on what I needed to do better and gave me that extra motivation I needed to not only answer her prayers- but my own as well!

Here is another inspiring thought for all those mother's that are having a bad day, week, month!!

No comments: