One of the most exciting things was the girls' birthday party. We took them out each separately on their actual birthdays but we also did a combined party. I have always done a party for Princess, but I didn't want Cupcake to feel left out. I know, she's only one, but when she grows up I want her to know we made a big deal of her first birthday too, like we did for Princess. Next year we are DEFINITELY scaling back. But here is the madness of the Pink zebra party!!!
I worked for an entire month I think making and prepping and shopping for everything so excuse me for the massive amounts of pictures- but I just had to share it all! Their names have been Photoshopped out of everything so you can't see the complete cuteness- but you get the idea!
The invite:
The birthday girl's in their zebra attire:
Cupcake climbing up The Artist's tripod. Too cute!
We had everyone dress in black, white, or pink just for added fun!
The decorations. I had a big pink number 4 and number 1 balloon for each girl that I ordered online, but the 1 got a hole in it and popped while filling- so I had to go with something generic for Cupcake's balloon bouquet at the party store. Too bad cause the #4 looks awesome!
Favor/Treat Bags:
The yummy food and treats. I was lucky that our colors included pink and the party was the weekend before Valentine's Day because it was easy to find lots of pink treats! The cupcake flags had their name and age on them, but I had to Photoshop out their names for the blog. They were really cute though!
Each girl got their own cakes. Thank you to my friend Abby for making them!
For games we did pin the tail on the zebra:
We played a relay game of herding "zebras" (balloons) and freeze dance, which was Princess' favorite. I used the songs Michael Jackson's "Black and White", Lion Kings "I Just Can't Wait to be King", and the classic "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" to go with the party theme. I also had a little poster for the adults to play Guess Who. It listed details of both girls and the had to guess if it was Princess or Cupcake.
And lastly, the girls enjoying their cakes.
This was Cupcakes very first taste of sugar! Always fun to see a 1-year-old experiencing birthday cake for the first time!




















2 comments:
As someone who attended the party it was awesome. You did an amazing job.
SO cute and fun!
Post a Comment