I know I promised a ton of Christmas posts. But I keep getting ideas for other posts and they turn out to be easier and quicker to write than prepping all the pictures from Christmas!
Tonight I am making up the birthday invitations for Cupcake and Princess! They are so cute and I can't wait for the big party next month. When I was ready to address them I realized I should share my address book technique with you.
I keep a template of address labels in a file on my computer. All of our friends and family that we like to send out announcements, holiday cards, and such gets on the template. I have about 50 on there right now. I type them in according to how you would address an envelope. That way when it comes time to addressing Christmas cards or baby announcements- all I do is change the font and color to match my card and print them onto sticky address labels. ( I use a stand label size 1" x 2 5/8".) Takes all of 5 minutes!
This is an example of one of my pages of address labels. All of the names
and address have been changes. They are in no way real or legit!
No hand cramps for me! Plus- I am usually the person in the family that everyone comes to for addresses. It is really easy to just email or print them off to whoever needs them! I also print my own return labels. These I do in a smaller format (1/2" x 1 3/4"), but I also have them saved on my computer so I can match the color and font to the labels of the receivers. The is an easy way to make your envelopes look professional and cute!
To do this using Microsoft Word:
1. Go to "Mailings"
2. Select "Labels"
3. Select the size of label you are using. They are usually listed in standard codes by "Avery" such as Avery 8160; but even the no-name brands list this information for comparison. If you are printing one page of all the same labels (like your return address) you can enter it here and it will put it into the entire page for you. If not just click "ok" once you have your size select and enter each address in manually.
4. After all of your addresses have been imputed, select all and change font and color according to your desire.
5. Print and Stick and you're done!
6. Be sure to SAVE your document so you don't have to enter all the addresses again!
It might take a bit of work to get set-up, but I promise you it is worth it in the end! Give it a try!

1 comment:
SMART. VERY SMART
Post a Comment