Every time I pick Princess up from preschool I ask her what she did that day, what her snack was, what her job was, and what friends she played with. On Tuesday after she gave me the full report she got really quiet. Then she said "I'm making a present for you! Shhh, don't tell! It's a secret!"
I started laughing I couldn't believe how cute that was! I could just picture her teacher telling the kids not to tell their parents about the special things thy were making.
Well today when I picked her up she had a little white bag with a red bow on it. She had drawn on the bag to decorate it and she was so excited to give it to me. She told me she wanted to help me open it. She also said there was candy inside and that it was chocolate. Then she said she wanted to share the candy with me when I open it. Oh how thoughtful!
She begged me to open it all day, but I kept trying to explain that we need to wait until Christmas and that she could put it under the tree. But she kept asking and when the Artist came home I finally consented. It was so adorable! She had made an ornament with her picture in it wearing a Santa hat. And there was a bag of Hershey Kisses inside as well which she had written her name on. And I did share them with her.
She was so proud of herself, and so was I. My first hand-made Christmas ornament/gift from my child. I will save it and put it on my tree forever.
1 comment:
Love it. I too may give you chocolate and would like to ask you to share with me. Just a heads up.
Post a Comment