We noticed on the other side of the building, that there often was someone else working on their condo late at night just like us. We finally got to meet the other crazy people working on their home at 2 am. They were the Davidson's and were about to get married. It turns out we shared a kitchen wall with them and we developed a "secret code" for knocking on the wall to communicate things like "Are you home?" and "We're coming over!".
We loved hanging out with them but after a few years they eventually moved out of state. Back in October they came back into town to have their sweet baby girl. Since they have been out of state for some time now, I thought it would be fun to throw an open house/baby shower for them so that all of their old friends from around here could visit.
I originally planned some pretty crazy party decor and favors. If you have never seen a party blog, you are missing out on some serious eye candy! My favorites are U Create and Kara's Party Ideas. The only problem with these, is that you start to believe that these types of parties are the standard. Well, I quickly learned I didn't possess 3 things that all those crazy ladies must have to pull off the fancy schmancy parties featured on those blogs:
1. Excessive amounts of un-interrupted time.
2. Excessive amounts of spending cash
3. Excessive amounts of patience
So I threw a lot of ideas out the window. And boy am I glad I did! As it turned out, about 15 hours before the party, our terrible HOA called to say the clubhouse was double booked and we couldn't do the party there. Strange, since I reserved it weeks in advance and no one else had it scheduled. I was not a happy camper.
Oh well, I thought. We can do it in our little condo. It needed to be cleaned anyway and it would be easier to keep an eye on the kids. Well, after cleaning the house all night and getting only 3 hours of sleep I felt pretty good and calm about everything.
Guess what? I got a call about 30 minutes before the party was supposed to start. Yep. My friend had gone into labor and was in the hospital. It was pretty comical really. Her husband kept saying he didn't know what time they were gonna get here and that they might be late. All while hearing his wife in the background saying "No! We're having the baby! We won't make it at all!". Too funny!
So we had the shower anyway and collected gifts and took pictures of the guests. I wasn't upset at all. The whole thing was just funny. And we were all so excited that they were having their baby! Princess had fun playing with the other kids and The Artist passed the time by getting super adorable pictures of the kids. My favorite!
I figured- at least I will be a part of someone's story right?! Whenever the Davidson's tell their daughter about her birth story they will say that they were getting ready to go to her baby shower!
***Congrats Adam and Richelle on your new addition! We hope all 3 of you are happy and healthy! We can't wait to meet up with you next time you are in town!
Here are the pics form the party. This is the spread. (Although we ended up with a lot more food once the guests arrived!)

Marshmallow pops. I got the most compliments on these. I was told they tasted really good- but I don't like marshmallows personally. I just loved how cute they looked.
They were a big hit especially with the kids.
Fiesta pinwheels. Mmmmmm!
My tissue poms:
My new favorite pictures thanks to my amazing hubby!














4 comments:
Your decor is so awesome. I will be asking you how to make tissue poms for my next party (nothing scheduled yet).
BTW you have Princess's name and Artist name in the blog. :)
Thank you everyone for the glorious comments! My husband did the painting. It was featured in a art show one summer at the Cover Center for the Arts. Pretty cool!
Mal- we could always ship a painting to you! ;) I will message you the recipe for the fiesta rolls! They are divine!
JoAnn- THANK YOU! My that is hard to get used to!! And I would love to show you how to do the poms- they are super easy!!
Yay for Fiesta Rolls! :) Best party food recipe ever!
Looking forward to the recipe!
And I don't think you understand how big the paintings would need to be. A couple of years ago, we had an 18 foot Christmas tree that barely made it up to our ceiling. We have BIG walls, which means we need BIG paintings. Richard's father comes up from time to time for work, maybe he could drive up one day if the weather is nice. Hmmmm.
Mal.
Post a Comment