Thursday, October 20, 2011

Organization and Pinterest

 Have you jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon yet?  If not, you are definitely missing out!  Pinterest is a digital cork board.  Basically it lets you collect images you like online in one spot.  And you can browse what you're friends are pinning- which for me, is the best part.  I have found so many fun recipes, crafts, and organizing ideas this way.  It is my new time-waster.  Only I don't feel too guilty about it, as it allows me to catalog future ideas.  Since I have found Pinterest I have been on a big organization kick around our house.  Which is good, cause we REALLY need it!

I still have a long way to go to on my quest for organization but I thought I would share a few things that I have found lately that has really helped.  The first is this over-the-door shoe rack.  I saw this on Extreme Couponing and  I get so many compliments on this I can't believe it!  It was only $8 at Walmart and is perfect for storing hot chocolate/cider/kool aid packets, oatmeal packets, popcorn, gravy/spice packets, and even cookie/pasta/bread pouches.  Pretty much if it comes in a packet or pouch it fits perfectly into one of the slots! 

I found this next idea on Pinterest.  A lady used 6 of these baskets in her fridge.  I loved the idea but found I really only needed one for the fridge, so I used the rest on all of our baby food in the pantry.  I am working on cute labels for them right now, but they are separated into veggies, fruits, and cereals/pastas. 

Here's the one I put in the fridge.  It is great for keeping all of our cheese and deli meats together.  That way when I go to make a sandwich- I just pull out the basket and I have everything that I need in one spot.  It is also nice not to have the different packages cluttering up the fridge.

These baskets are only $2.50 at Walmart.  I still had one more left over and I noticed the picture that came on the label of the basket showed granola bar boxes being stored in them.  I tried that- but I could only fit about 3 boxes in there.  So I decided to just throw the box away and store the granola bars in the basket.  I also had room for our fruit snacks!  I LOVE this.  We had sooooo many boxes taking up room in our pantry!  I was able to fit all of this:

Into just this one basket!
 

(BTW in that "box" picture you can see Princess working on her homework all by herself!  I am so proud of her!)


My pantry still needs A LOT of work done.  But this was a good start.  Anyone got any good ideas for storing canned food without spending a lot?

Lastly, this is my daughters' closet.  The way I keep it organized is color coding their hangers.  Pink is for Princess' clothes and green in for Cupcake's.  I also bought coordinating bins from Target to put their shoes in.
This is really helpful for my hubby so he doesn't have to ask/guess what clothes belong to which daughter.  I also got an extra bin in brown to keep extra wipes, diaper rash cream and diaper genie refills all in one place.

I love organizing with baskets/bins.  I don't know why it has taken me so long!  I am going to use this same concept in our coat closet and have one for each person the family to put their hats, scarves, and gloves in.  But first, I will have to put in an extra shelf.  I will take a picture to share with you as soon as I get done!

Thanks for stopping by!
-Daisy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WWWWWOOOOOOWWWWW! you are so awesome!!! you need to go syndicated...what marvelous examples with your good photography and light dialogue...it is exciting to read and motivational...we are going to organize our garage over thanksgiving....Verna's already made up the categories we got from Meridian 3 months ago. It will be fun...like Christmas in November as we find things we haven't seen for years...like would you believe I still have the garage door opener machine unopened in it's box for the second garage door...been there for 14 years!!! Sunshine...you are marvelous...thanks for the good ideas. - Dad -
ps: I guess you figured out by now, I did not send the museum fotos yet....working on it.

Daisy said...

Thanks Dad! Definitely looking forward to the pictures! Thanks! Good luck with your re-organizing!