Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hi y'all!  I sure hope you followed me over to my new blog!  I just wanted to start fresh and disguise some of our personal information a bit more than I did on my last blog.  So to introduce you to our family here is a little summary:

Me:
 
I will refer to myself as "Daisy", my favorite flower.  I am a mom of two sweet little girls which you are about to learn more about.  I have also been married to my love for 8 years.  I work as a stay-at-home mom which really is my dream job.  Even on the hardest of days, I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else.  Oh and every once and a while  utilize my bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation to fill in running activities at a nursing home.

I love couponing, scrapbooking, reading, sewing, attempting new recipes, meal planning, music, pinterest, movies, certain tv shows, home decor, shopping for little girl's clothing, going out to eat, and being outdoors.  Once upon a time I loved to rock climb, swim, and play the clarinet.  Maybe I will revisit these talents again one day.....

My Husband:

We will refer to him as "The Artist" cause that's exactly what he is.  He started off sculpting and painting and eventually developed an amazing talent for photography.  I am completely amazed at the art he does!  He has been featured on international websites and has had his artwork shown in many of the biggest art museums in our state.

He works at one the nation's largest scrapbook companies (I know, I'm lucky huh?!) as their sole photographer.  He also does some commercial photography on the side as well as the  occasional wedding/family shoot.  But his real love is in artistic/fashion photography.  Ok I lied.  His first real love is for sculpting.  Maybe one day, when we can afford to get all of his pieces bronzed!

The Artist is passionate about politics and an avid Glen Beck listener.  He also loves sci-fi and Asian films.  He enjoys home decor with me (again, aren't I lucky?!) and nice, fast cars.  He is the best daddy in the world and absolutely adores his sweet daughters.

Daughter #1:

Will be referred to as "Princess".  Generic, I know, but that's really what she is and I prefer not to call her my favorite nick name here.  I think that should stay personal.  She is 3, soon to be 4 in a few months.  She is growing by leaps and bounds right now.  She recently started preschool and totally loves it.  She loves to draw and color and write letters as well as pick out letters when we are out and about.  She is also potty trained finally!  Phew- we survived!

She also just started dance class and is a natural at it.  She loves to jump and is really good at kicking and throwing balls.  She loves Rapunzel because she has long hair just like her.  She likes all things princess and mermaids.  Particularly when you combine the two = Ariel.  She could make her whole diet out of oatmeal, cheese, and apple juice.  She is deathly afraid of flies and thunder.  Not that I blame her!

Daughter #2:

Will be referred to as "Cupcake" cause she is just tiny and sweet.  We love the newest addition to our family.  At 7 months old she is entering the more fun baby stages of smiling all the time, rolling everywhere, trying to crawl and just pure curiosity for the world around her.  She loves fruits and non-green vegetables.  She loves baby dolls, her big sister, and jumping in the jumperoo.  She is very ticklish and is starting to appreciate Baby Einstein- which is a nice breather for me once and a while!

As you can tell, I am a bit long-winded.  But as this is the only "journal" and scrapbook of our life I keep at the moment- I don't want to leave a single detail out.  You will find that I blog mostly about my family and my life.  But I love sharing fun craft projects, and other interesting things.  So I hope you stick around and check back often.  We will have lots of fun!

1 comment:

kYLE & rOBYN said...

Such a cute FAM you have!